Saturday, January 19, 2013
Display Advertising - The way advertising was meant to work
Display advertising is an important component of the marketing mix and is a great medium to drive brand awareness, salience and interaction as it allows you to reach your customers varied online touch points in their day-to-day lives, not only when they’re searching. Emarketer, in their research ‘Average time spent online 2008-2011’ reports that the average American spends 2 months of their waking year online.
Reach your customers at their moment of relevance
Only about 5% of users’ time is spent actively searching reported by Online Publishers Association. The rest of the time—95%—is spent experiencing content. This 95% is when they are researching, shopping, browsing and with the potential mood to buy.
Combining search with display
Together, display and search can supercharge the effectiveness of your advertising mix. After seeing a display ad, customers are 136% more likely to search for your brand as reported by Comscore online panel.
In AU, the display advertising medium is the fastest growing segment, increasing by an estimated 16% a year and by 2015, online display ad spend is to be estimated at around $12 billion.
Below shows the list of AU ad network where Google is by far the biggest ad network in Australia, reaching close to 90% of Australia's online population (13.9 million unique users)